LACC Study Abroad Scholarship
The LACC Latin American and Caribbean Study Abroad Scholarship is a scholarship for students enrolling in study abroad programs to Latin America and/or the Caribbean. Although the selection committee may prioritize need-based applicants, additional non-need merit-based awards may be made. To determine need, you must have filed the latest “Free Application for Federal Student Aid” (FAFSA). If you have not already done so, you can apply immediately by going to the web site: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
Scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $200-$1000 by a committee comprised of individuals from the Kimberly Green Latin American at FIU. Awards will be credited to your FIU student account by the Financial Aid Office. All applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision regarding awarding of the LACC Latin American and Caribbean Study Abroad Scholarship via e-mail. A limited number of scholarships are available.
Who is eligible?
- Full time, degree seeking student at FIU
What are the basic requirements to apply?
- Accepted into a credit-bearing study abroad to Latin America or the Caribbean
- In good academic standing
- 500 word statement
Additional application requirements are noted on the application form.
Winter Break study abroad- November 15, 2023
Spring semester study abroad- December 13, 2023
Spring Break study abroad- December 13, 2023
Summer study abroad- March 1, 2024
Applicable Study Abroad Programs
Please be advised this list may not contain all offered programs. Feel free to reach out to LACC to confirm if a program not listed here is applicable.
- Haiti: Haitian Summer Institute
- Argentina: Politics & International Relations
- Brazil: Sustainable Tourism Practicum
- Bahamas: Yoga, Meditation, and Spiritual Development
- Costa Rica: Environment and Sustainability
- Ecuadorian Amazon: Indigenous Cultures and the Environment