7th Annual Hemispheric Security Conference
The 7th Annual Hemispheric Security Conference will be May 17th - May 20th, 2022.
May 17th will include an in-person attendance option at the FIU Graham Center Ballrooms in addition to the virtual live stream.
The Hemispheric Security Conference (HSC) is an annual conference held where experts from academia, governmental organizations, non-governmental organizations, and private sectors converge to examine the most pressing security challenges facing the Western Hemisphere. HSC features thought leaders from hemispheric governments, including senior military officials and leaders of the industry. HSC is led by the Jack D. Gordon Institute for Public Policy and the Kimberly Green Latin American and Caribbean Center, both part of the Florida International University’s Steven J. Green School of International and Public Affairs.
Simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and Portuguese will be available through virtual live-stream.
- The Impact of Cybersecurity on the Western Hemisphere
- The Future of the Armed Forces in Latin America
- Reexamining the 2003 Declaration on Security in the Americas
- Disinformation, Democracy, and the Inter-American System
- Institutional Challenges to Democracy in the Americas
- Examining Democracy in the Americas