Working with an undergraduate academic advisor is an important part of completing a major in Latin American and Caribbean Studies.
Mr. Manuel Niño is a professional undergraduate academic advisor. If Mr. Niño is your assigned advisor, please schedule an appointment through Panthersoft, following the instructions below. If he is not but you would like to get in touch with him about the major, please email him at email@example.com
Steps to make an appointment with your assigned academic advisor
1. Go to My.FIU.edu
2. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
3. Click on “Student Center.”
4. On the lower right-hand side of the page, click on the blue link “Panther Success Network.”
5. Sign in using your Panther ID number and corresponding password.
6. Click on “Schedule an Appointment” located at the right-hand side of the page.
7. From the drop-down menu, click on “Academic Advising” and proceed to fill out all of the requested fields.
8. Select the appointment date and time you want (divided into morning and afternoon appointments).
9. On the next page, after checking under Appointment Details to make sure everything is correct, click on “Confirm Appointment.” Note: Please make sure to arrive or call in for your appointment on time.
New Virtual Drop-In Advising (no appointment needed)
Students will be served on a first-come, first-serve basis. Join our advisors by clicking on this link at the indicated date and time: https://fiu.zoom.us/my/sipaadvising
Students must log in with your FIU Credentials.
Mondays: 9am - 11am
Thursdays: 2pm – 4pm
To meet the high demand of students, during our drop-ins we will be limiting sessions to 15 minutes and are meant to address the following:
-Change of Program Plans (Majors, 2nd Majors, Minors, Certificates)
-Questions about specific requirements or policies
IMPORTANT: Orientation Holds, Advising Holds, Internship, Study Abroad, OPT/CPT Forms, Transfer Credit Evaluations will require a scheduled 30-minute appointment with your assigned advisor.
Need help scheduling an appointment? Refer to the Panther Success Network (PSN) Student Manual: https://acs.fiu.edu/_assets/docs/academic-advising-technology/psn-student-manual.pdf